When Little Lily 01 nominated me to take part in the Liebster award how could I say no . After all it’s very purpose is to help widen the blogging community and act as a toast master for bloggers. I love stumbling across new blogs and to find out a little bit more about the author whilst doing I personally feel helps you identify with them.
1) Answer the questions sent to you.
2) Nominate 11 bloggers that have under 200 twitter followers ( or near enough)
3) Ask them 11 questions thought of by yourself
4) Notify them that they have been nominated.
Okay here I go Lily the answers to your questions are as follows……
1) Who or what inspired you to become a blogger?
This is a tough one to be honest. I have always loved writing, I have a creative mind and find writing a great outlet to indulge this .I find that I write best about the things which I love or have a strong interest in .Therefore with my passion for beauty and living life to the fullest it seemed that at 42 it was about time I revealed my creativity to a wider audience. In the hope that they would find me as interesting as I believed I was. Although I believe the jury is still out on that one ….
2) Where is your ideal holiday destination?
Bora Bora for sure although, I am just as happy in Majorca , It’s not about the destination it’s about the journey and who you take it with.
3) Who is your favourite fashion designer?
At the moment I am all about Michael Kors, I love small boutiques with interesting pieces many of which are small designers starting out. It is nice to own something different as main steam can get a bit boring.
4) Would you rather use drugs store make-up brands or high end make-up brands?
Good question and at one time I would have said the latter , however by starting this blog I have started to use ( in terms of catering for all ) some real great drug store brands. Make-up Revolution are a force to be reckoned with at the moment and they can do no wrong with the products I have tried, Tarte are also a company on my radar.
5) Who or what motivates you most in life?
Firstly my mum , a strong lady with a big heart she has taught me that being a woman isn’t about surrounding yourself with all things pink and pretty but about being strong, fighting for what you want and standing up for yourself. She has taught me that sometimes tough love is the best love and that after every storm sunshine follows and eventually you emerge the other side stronger and a better person for it. My mum also has the remarkable ability to coordinate her outfits beautifully and is the most stylish 70 something lady to walk the streets .She also has great legs (unfortunately I inherited my dad’s) !!!!
And secondly my dad sadly he passed away just before my thirtieth birthday but he taught me that if you want something then you work hard for it and you never give up trying. He made me think I could accomplish what I wanted in life but I had to go out work hard and get it myself. He also taught me that if you are clever enough you can get away with being sarcastic and have it passed off as humour. A kind and caring man who along with my mum have inspired me to be the person I am today. My success I owe to them and the morals they instilled in me as a child.
6) What is your favourite make-up product or beauty essential?
Okay my diet …. Put crap in get crap out…. end of. You can buy the most expensive wallpaper but if the walls are lumpy and cracked the result will be too.
7) What quote do you live by?
“Good ideas are not adopted automatically they must be driven into practice with courageous patience” – Admiral Hyman Rickover
8) What’s your current guilty pleasure?
Salted Caramel Chocolate Pot by Pots & Co….. Put it these way if anybody needs 30 ramekins drop me a line.
9) Do you prefer the Spring/Summer Seasons or Autumn/Winter Season?
Autumn/Winter I love candles .warm knitted jumpers, boots snuggling up in the warm when the weather is bad and bobble hats. Plus Christmas arrives which is as we all know is the BEST time of the year.
10) What’s your outfit of the day?
This is what I wore today.
Jeans: Abercrombie & Fitch
Bag: Michael Kors of course.
Meet my gorgeous son Morgan.
So I hope thanks to Little Lily 01 you enjoyed finding out a bit more about me. Leave a comment and say Hello. Let me know if you are enjoying my blogs after all there is no point writing them of nobody reads them.
My Question are:
1) If you had to give one piece of advice to a new blogger what would it be?
2) Name one of your life goals?
3) What colour describes your personality and why?
4) Who is your beauty/fashion inspiration?
5) What scares you the most about getting older?
6) What words of advice would you give to 13 year old you?
7) Name one of your New Year’s Resolutions?
8) What is your current favourite item of clothing?
9) What perfume do you wear?
10) Can you sell your blog to others in just one sentence? Show me …
11) If I made your choose over Mascara or lipstick which would you choose and why?
I nominate the following people: